IPPANTIVU ISLAND KITESURFING
Ippantivu Island “like Vella Island but smaller”
Ippantivu kitesurfing location!
Kitesurfing conditions in Ippantivu Island – Mini Vella
This little island is located in the middle of the Puttalam Lagoon. We go there by boat from Kalpitiya and takes you only 30 minutes. 30 minutes of a nice boat ride to enjoy, before kiting on the blue water! This is one of the best unspoiled kitesurfing spots in Sri Lanka because it is not well know yet and quite hidden, which turns it into an incredible and authentic spot. For kitesurfers this spot is like Carneval in Rio but without all the people – so an epic kitesurfing experience for yourself and your mates.
When you go kiting at this magnifiscient spot you will feel like, owning the water because you barely see other kiters around. This spot is a bit smaller than Vella Island. The wind in summer time is a bit stronger due to the „venturi effect“, which converts into a perfect spot for kitesurfing in Sri Lanka! Up to know,
Margarita kite school is one of the few schools organizing a kite trips to Ippantivu island.
* Leaving time from Kalpitiya lagoon, Need to be ready at 9:00 AM.
* Downwind from Dream spot to Ippantivu: 45 minutes approx
* Lunch in IppantivuIsland. Comming back to Kalpitiya around 16pm
Kite trips winter season
* Leaving time from Kalpitiya around 11 PM.
* Lunch in Ippantivu secret island
* Comming back to Kalpitiya around 17 pm
* Kite guide
* Lunch & soft drinks
* Safety boat
* Photo session (under request)
Price: 30 eur /person